UNITED NEWS INTERNATIONAL (UNI) — An American woman has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria from oysters in Louisiana.

In September, Jeanette LeBlanc went crabbing with friends and family on the Louisiana coast and picked up a sack of raw oysters at a Westwego market.

LeBlanc allegedly ate about two dozens raw oysters.

However, after about 36 hours, LeBlanc started to suffer from shortness of breath and rashes appeared on her body. We warn you some of these photos may be upsetting.

Friends and family thought LeBlanc was having an allergic reaction, but doctors said she had contracted a flesh-eating bacteria called Vibrio. Less than a month later she died.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people can become infected with Vibrio after eating raw or undercooked shellfish or by exposing open wounds to brackish water.

LeBlanc’s friends recently spoke out about LeBlanc’s case, to help raise awareness of Vibrio.