UNITED NEWS INTERNATIONAL (UNI) — Billionaire casino mogul Steve Wynn has resigned as chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts.
The company Wynn founded announced his departure on Feb. 6 amid numerous allegations of sexual misconduct.
Wynn denies the allegations.
In a statement, he said, “As I have reflected upon the environment this has created — one in which a rush to judgment takes precedence over everything else, including the facts — I have reached the conclusion that I cannot continue to be effective in my current roles.”
Allegations against the 76-year-old span decades and reportedly include a $7.5 million settlement paid to an employee who says she was pressured into having sex with him.
Wynn’s casino empire includes properties in Macau and Las Vegas as well as a much-anticipated casino on the Boston Harbor that’s scheduled to open in 2019.
He had previously resigned as finance chair of the Republican National Committee.